The Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering at Universidad de los Andes in Bogotá, Colombia, invites applications for a full-time tenure track or tenured faculty position, with an anticipated starting date between November 2022 and January 2023. Uniandes is the leading independent private university in Colombia. Established in 1948, our department has two undergraduate programs, two master programs, specialization courses and a doctoral program. The Department has ABET accredited programs in Civil and Environmental Engineering and High-Quality accreditation from the Ministry of Education in Colombia. According to The QS World University Rankings (2021), Universidad de Los Andes is the first university in Colombia and is 5th in Latin America. The University offers compensation for 12-months, awards according to performance and flexible benefits related to childcare, health, and assurances, among others. The professor to be hired will be granted support (FAPA), which will allow him/her to begin or continue his/her research. For further information, please visit the university’s website at (http://www.uniandes.edu.co).
Interested candidates must have proven ability in carrying out scientific and applied research projects, such as the ability to develop and sustain an active research program with external funding. This implies candidates should preferably possess the necessary skills to obtain said funding. Applicants must have earned a Ph.D. in a related discipline and must also have exemplary records of achievements in research as doctoral student, post-doctoral student, assistant professor, junior professor, or university researcher. Teaching ability and commitment to teaching are essential. Candidates should also have very good teaching skills and they are expected to be completely fluent in English. Spanish is not essential for the application, but it will be expected as teaching language after the first year.
The Department is looking for applicants with expertise in (but not limited to) some of the following areas:
- Built Environment Sustainability
- Construction Management and Innovation
- Construction Health and Safety Systems
- Lean Construction and Value Management
- Management of Infrastructure Systems, Life-Cycle Costing, and Stochastic Simulation
- Operations Research (cost and schedule), Productivity and Quality
- Project Delivery, Contracting, and Procurement Systems
- Uncertainty, Risk Management, and Decision-Making
- Virtual Design and Construction, Building Information Modeling, and Integrated Project Delivery.
Applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter
- A curriculum Vitae
- A list of publications
- A research statement (maximum 3 pages)
- A teaching statement (maximum 3 pages)
- Full contact information for at least 3 references .
Applicants should send their application documents to Nicolás Estrada (email@example.com)
Deadline for submissions of candidates: May 27, 2022.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to submit three letters of recommendation, and will be invited to deliver a lecture in Bogota as well as having face-to-face interviews with faculty.